Palo Alto, CA
AERION CORPORATION, headquartered in Reno, Nevada, is seeking exceptionally talented, motivated and experienced leaders, engineers and software professionals to continue developing the AS2 supersonic business jet – the aircraft that will launch a new era of supersonic flight.
In conjunction with Airbus Group, we are on track for the AS2’s first flight in 2021. Aerion expects the AS2 to be the first in a series of derivative jets employing proprietary high-speed technology, including a natural laminar flow supersonic wing.
Our software technology division, AERION TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION (ATC), previously known as DESKTOP AERONAUTICS, is located in Palo Alto, California. ATC actively supports Aerion’s development of the AS2 supersonic business jet through development of in-house proprietary design and analysis software. ATC also supports third party aerospace customers with commercial licensing of our non-proprietary software products. Our flagship software product, GoCart, is powered by NASA’s Cart3D solver and provides a seamless graphical user interface that allows users to productively exploit Cart3D’s extensive capabilities.
New hires will join an elite and growing team dedicated to launching the most exciting civil aircraft development program of our time.
This Software Engineer position will take direction from our Head of Software and will be primarily responsible for writing software that will shape the airplane. You will be involved in backend development, GUI development, or both, and build software tools that are used for numerical analysis, shape optimization, and visualization. Your tools will be used by the design team to improve various aspects of the airplane.
- Collaborate with aerospace engineers, who are your customers
- Design, build, and maintain software tools for aircraft design and high-performance computing
- Write and test code in Java, Groovy and C/C++
- Provide technical support to Aerion and other customers on the use of these tools.
- Support our culture that expects high levels of performance with a strong work ethic.
The successful candidate will have a history of successful full cycle development projects. He/She must be highly organized and able to work effectively both independently and in group environments. The candidate must be proficient at providing clear status reports and have the skills necessary to successfully communicate with coworkers and management.
- Five or more years developing Java/C/C++ desktop or enterprise software
- Familiarity with and adherence to industry-standard software engineering practices
- Aware of the challenges in software development for multiple platforms – Mac, Linux, and Windows
- Must be highly detail-oriented and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to develop credibility and forge solid professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and management
NICE TO HAVE
- GUI development experience
- Experience with OpenGL, JOGL
- Eclipse and the E4 Framework, dependency injection frameworks such as Spring or Guice
- Background in high-performance computing
- Familiarity with machine learning
- Familiarity with UML
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience developing software using continuous integration with GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory, or similar workflows
- Familiarity with Unit Testing and Test-Driven Development
- Experience with multithreading is a plus
COMPENSATION AND OPPORTUNITY
This position offers the opportunity to function as a key player in a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial organization developing a new and innovative aircraft design and supporting software. A competitive compensation and benefits package designed to attract the highest caliber talent will be available for this position.
An in-depth background check will be run on candidates prior to receiving a job offer, and any offer of employment is contingent on the results of this background check.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.