AERION CORPORATION, headquartered in Reno, Nevada, is seeking exceptionally talented, motivated and experienced leaders, engineers and software professionals to continue developing the AS2 supersonic business jet, the aircraft that will launch a new era of supersonic flight.
In conjunction with Airbus Group, we are on track for the AS2’s first flight in 2021. Aerion expects the AS2 to be the first in a series of derivative jets employing proprietary high-speed technology, including a natural laminar flow supersonic wing.
New hires will join an elite and growing team dedicated to launching most exciting civil aircraft development program of our time.
Our Sales Engineer is responsible for providing technical analyses of aircraft performance and other operational issues to our Sales team, in support of closing sales with individual prospects and general sales/marketing campaigns. The Sales Engineer will maintain control of the “marketing configuration” of the aircraft, including CAD models, performance specifications, interior designs, and standard assumptions for modeling and simulation. This position will also respond to sales support requests and maintain performance data on competitive aircraft, and worldwide weather, airspace and airport data sources.
- Perform route studies and create range maps
- Perform aircraft performance analyses, including wet foot print and ETOPS
- Perform comparative analyses of AS2 vs other large business jet(s)
- Establish and maintain marketing configuration CAD model and specs.
- Establish and maintain standard modeling/analysis assumptions
- Create sales presentations for both digital and print
- Support sales presentations at the prospect’s location
- Provide updates to Salesforce database
- Help Sales/Marketing respond to email & telephone inquires
- Write explanations of various aspects of the aircraft design, performance and operation for sales and marketing materials
- Write White Papers explaining technical subjects
- Review printed and digital collateral materials for technical accuracy
- Create internal and external presentations for management reporting, training, partner briefings, regulatory briefings, etc.
- Assist the Vice President of Product Strategy with management of and improving the Mission Planning tool
- Attend tradeshows and events to interface with prospects and perform technical analyses during the show as needed.
- Develop/acquire takeoff performance tools
- Provide CAD models for display models, graphics and mockups
- As definition improves, perform cost of operation and cash flow analyses
- Eventually assist with preparations for and conduct of pilot advisory board meetings, as well as “voice of the customer” by providing feedback on aircraft design, operation and support to engineering, product support and flight operations
- As definition is finalized, provide information to flight departments on ground handling, hangar requirements, other ground support requirements and runway analysis (factored performance, weight, clearances, turning, etc.)
- Support our a culture that expects high levels of performance with a strong work ethic
The successful candidate will be comfortable with a lean, quickly growing organization with co-workers and stakeholders located in a variety of locations and time zones. He/she must have strong experience aircraft performance, mission planning and operation. In addition, she/he must be innovative and prepared to work in a fast paced environment, as well as highly self-directed and willing to take initiative. Strong communication and presentation skills are essential, as the position may need to present to prospects, customers and senior management. The ideal candidate also has the ability to not only respond to a direct inquiry, but also use his/her experience to expand upon the request in order to best promote the company’s products and services.
- Thorough understanding of jet aircraft performance and operation
- Ability to promote the features and attributes of Aerion products and services
- General understanding of sales techniques
- Strong knowledge of sales engineering software, along with Microsoft Office and 365
- Proven experience in a global environment working with customers and suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling, but technically accurate white papers, presentations, or other communication vehicles
- Strong/proven problem solving skills across multi-disciplinary skill sets and ability to function in a start-up environment
- Must be highly detail-oriented and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid professional relationships with peers, management and our virtual sales team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Aviation Sciences, or similar field of study
- Minimum 10 years direct experience in sales engineering or a similar role within an aircraft manufacturer, aircraft operator, or U.S. military
- Business jet experience highly desired
COMPENSATION AND OPPORTUNITY
This position offers the opportunity to function as a key player in a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial organization developing a new and innovative aircraft design. A competitive compensation and benefits package designed to attract the highest caliber talent will be available for this position.
An in-depth background check will be run on candidates prior to receiving a job offer, and any offer of employment is contingent on the results of this background check.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.