Palo Alto, CA
AERION CORPORATION, headquartered in Reno, Nevada, is seeking exceptionally talented, motivated and experienced leaders, engineers and software professionals to continue developing the AS2 supersonic business jet – the aircraft that will launch a new era of supersonic flight.
In conjunction with Airbus Group, we are on track for the AS2’s first flight in 2021. Aerion expects the AS2 to be the first in a series of derivative jets employing proprietary high-speed technology, including a natural-laminar-flow supersonic wing.
Our software technology division, AERION TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION (ATC), previously known as DESKTOP AERONAUTICS, is located in Palo Alto, California. ATC actively supports Aerion’s development of the AS2 supersonic business jet by providing proprietary software for analysis and design. ATC also supports third-party aerospace customers with commercial licensing of our non-proprietary software products.
New hires will join an elite and growing team dedicated to launching the most exciting civil aircraft development program of our time.
Our Numerical Algorithms Software Engineer will write and maintain software that will shape this supersonic airplane, under the direction of one of our Senior Design Engineers. This position will design, maintain, and improve numerical algorithms for modeling and numerical optimization. You will implement these numerical algorithms using industry-standard software engineering practices, using professional engineering judgment in applying them to various aspects of the aircraft design.
- Maintain and improve in-house numerical optimization framework.
- Optimize aspects of aircraft configuration using numerical optimizers.
- Assist other engineers with projects related to our numerical optimizers.
- Provide technical support to Aerion and other customers on the use of these tools.
- Support our culture that expects high levels of performance with a strong work ethic.
The successful candidate will have strong academic credentials and the background to perform independent literature reviews and analysis. He/She must be highly organized and able to work effectively both independently and in group environments.
- Demonstrated ability to study research and understand relevant technical publications and professionally implement them in software
- Aware of the challenges in software development for multiple platforms – Mac, Linux, and Windows
- Must be highly detail-oriented and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to develop credibility and forge solid professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and management
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant engineering discipline, with a Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- Strong background in mathematical modeling, linear algebra, data fitting, and numerical optimization
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java, C++, or other object-oriented language
- Experienced with Python, Perl, or other scripting language
- Comfortable developing on Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of effective software engineering practices, including version control, unit testing, project planning and reporting systems, and software development project cycle terms
- Background in Computation Fluid Dynamics (CFD) or Computational Geometry is helpful
- Experience with high-performance and/or parallel computing is preferred
- Familiar with git
- Conversant with a CAD program
COMPENSATION AND OPPORTUNITY
This position offers the opportunity to function as a key player in a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial organization developing a new and innovative aircraft design and supporting software. A competitive compensation and benefits package designed to attract the highest caliber talent will be available for this position.
An in-depth background check will be run on candidates prior to receiving a job offer, and any offer of employment is contingent on the results of this background check.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.