Reno, NV Download PDF
CHIEF STRUCTURES ENGINEER
The Chief Structures Engineer reports to the AS2 Program Director and will take technical direction from the AS2 Chief Engineer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the overall structural design and analysis, including loads, FEM, aeroelastics, material allowables and composite systems. The individual will manage the structural design effort, beginning with conceptual design and then progressing to preliminary and critical design through to development and Part 25 certification of the AS2. This individual will initially develop a strong understanding of the technical requirements of the structural arrangement along with the certification requirements. As the program progresses, this individual will lead the structural design effort culminating in a successful static and fatigue test program. This position has the responsibility not only to develop a world-class supersonic aircraft but also develop the structure’s organization that will design, build and certify the aircraft.
The successful candidate will be a highly organized self-starter who has direct hands-on experience developing aircraft structures as a Lead Engineer or equivalent. He/she must have strong experience developing structures for Part 23 or Part 25 aircraft from an initial concept through to flight-testing and certification. In addition, the candidate must have experience managing the supply base of the specific structural components. He/she must have experience defining structural requirements and be able to coordinate those requirements with structural suppliers.
In this leadership role, the candidate must be a proactive, forward thinking and self-motivated team player with the ability to build and manage a team of like-minded engineers. Experience leading integrated product teams is a must. The candidate must also be proficient at providing status, developing technical presentations, and have the skills necessary to present to customers, suppliers, company leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated success leading an organization such as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead or functional department in the development of the aircraft structure for an aircraft development and certification program
- Thorough understanding of Part 23 and/or Part 25 certification requirements
- Experience with advanced composite design and material allowables required
- Experience with materials qualification and certification
- Proficiency in CATIA V5 desired
- Experience designing supersonic aircraft and unconventional configurations desired
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and prepare technical specifications and industry standards
- Proven experience in a global environment working with customers and suppliers
- Strong/proven problem solving skills across multi-disciplinary skill sets
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelo’s Degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Master’s Degree highly desired
- Minimum 15 years direct experience in the design, development, fabrication, test, certification and support of a Part 23 or Part 25 aircraft
- Experience with Static and Fatigue testing of Part 25 aircraft highly desired
- High-end business jet experience highly desired
- Minimum 5 years direct experience in a managerial role (IPT lead, department head, or equivalent)
COMPENSATION AND OPPORTUNITY
This position offers the opportunity to function as a key player in a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial organization developing a new and innovative aircraft. A competitive compensation and benefits package design to attract the highest caliber talent will be available for this position.
An in-depth background check will be run on any candidate prior to receiving a job offer. An offer of employment is contingent on the results of this background check.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org